A modification from Indonesian mandatory side dish, perkedel, but this time is using tofu as the main ingredients. Tofu fritters is often assumed one of the tastiest snack, a very good substitute in case you get bored of potato fritters (even though you will never do). This vegetarian dish get along well with extensive Indonesian meal, a great complement for every time.
Let’s try making this delicious tofu fritters with this easily applied recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 300 gram firm white tofu
- 2 tablespoon scallion, finely chopped (you can substitute this with 2 sheet of lime leaves, chopped finely)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ shrimp paste (don’t use this if you are allergic)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 red chili
- ½ tablespoon finely grated ginger
- Cooking oil for frying
- Drain the tofu, put it into a mixing bowl. Mashed it using fork until it finely softened. Set aside.
- Take a food processor then put minced garlic, black pepper, shrimp paste, salt, grated ginger, and red chili into it.
- Mix it with the tofu until it blends well. Put the flour, salt, and egg together.
- Divide the mixture into 10 smaller ball then flattened each of it like patties.
- Put frying pan on the stove and heat the oil for deep frying. Fry it until it gets golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- As it is another form of perkedel, use a small fire to avoid it burn.
- You can add minced beef if you like.
Tofu fritters is a really delicious side dish that often served with rice, soup, and Indonesian sambal. Made of tofu and using a slightly different spices, it will taste deliciously unique that makes you can’t stop eating them.